Sunday, August 28, 2011

Little Bits and more heat!

I fear that the update for this week will be rather short. Not that anyone is reading this! I have hit the point in the project where it seems as if the stars are aligned against me. I have been trying to get the front and rear end rebuild for about two weeks, but a number of small parts kept me from doing this. I am happy to report that the front end is back together and I thought that I was going to be able to mount wheels to the brake drums, but as I was installing the brakes a retaining spring broke. It is much better that the spring broke now rather than when the car was going down the road, but it was a sign as to how my weekend would turn out.

I feel that I put in two heroic days in the garage in 100+ heat, but I am worn out now. After having my knees bent for so long today it feels very good to stretch out on the couch. Not only did I have front in problems, but the rear end (he he he) did not cooperate either. It appears that at some point someone must have driven the "key pin" further into the wheel assemble then necessary. The end result is that I had to use a cut off wheel (several) and a grinding disk to try and remove part of the wheel assembly. In the end it was just too hot and I had been at it for too long. I do not drag my feet when I walk, but I noticed that I was today. I stopped and decided that rather than bang on and potentially mess something up that I would clean and organize my garage.

Sorry the photos are not so exciting this weekend!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket









No comments:

Post a Comment