Sunday, August 21, 2011

Time to consolidate projects!

Well my project ADD has turned into project ADHD. I was trying to rebuild the front and rear end, but that plot was foiled when UPS failed to deliver the pieces I needed on time. No worries though, I can just address the transmission that has been gathering dust! Well I have it in about a thousand pieces. I am not happy with the condition of some of the needle bearings so I will have to hold off on putting that back together until I can get them in the post.

After hitting so many setbacks this weekend and putting in such a hard day Saturday I was a bit demotivated this morning, but then I remembered that I had the air filter housing to clean and paint. This was not a large project, but it was just enough of a win to put some wind in my sails today. Because my Jeep has a snorkel cutout in the hood I will mount the filter unit to the roll cage because this would allow the Jeep to drive in water five feet deep. I removed the OEM wire and oil filter setup and replaced it with a cone paper filter. I admit to making a hash of trimming the foam rubber to fit the area inside of the filter housing, but rather than purchase another filter as suggested by a foolish friend I spent fifteen minutes cutting a large washer out of some scrap I found in my back yard. I have no idea where this scrap came from, but I was glad to find some nice flat metal laying about. :-P

Enjoy the photos!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
























No comments:

Post a Comment