Saturday, October 15, 2011

A cleanish garage

The last month or so has been quite a slog. I have had quite a few $5 parts fail or break on me, but things are starting to shape up a bit. I have however discovered that the front end is dripping gear oil at the dif gasket and the pinion seal. This is a bit upsetting seeing as I have put many hours into the front end along, but I can replace these parts without a lot of effort.

I have the front and rear end under the frame again and I must say that I am proud. There are a number of rough edges on the bumper that require new metal being welded in, but I am ready to move on to this phase of the project. As a matter of fact I am ready to move on to any other phase of the project that does not require me to touch grease. I do not mind oil. You can pour oil over my head and I would not care. However, grease sticks to everything and smears onto tools and before you know it your garage is a hazmat zone. I am proud to say that my garage is now much cleaner than it has been.

Enjoy the photos!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Your daily hoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment