Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nothing like a bit of metal work in 100 degree heat!

Not much of an update today really. I feel like I worked a tremendous amount but accomplished very little. I beat the passenger floor about as straight as I could and welded in some supports that I hand made (read they are not very pretty). Even though they are hand made I can tell that they have stiffened up the body under the passenger seat.

I think that I have just a bit more to do on this side and then I will have to flip it over and fix the rot in the drivers side. In planning out what I will do about the sides of the Jeep I have been leaning more and more toward cutting out the existing skin and welding in new and straight sheet metal. In the end it will save me a ton of work and I know that I will not be driving a bondo bucket around.

Enjoy!

Oh, BTW, here are a few photos of my family and I trying to beat the heat.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment