Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Economist, light metal fabrication, and progress

Earlier this week I was reunited with my family. They went back to Georgia for a month and a bit to rest, have fun, and to make sure that Mike does not forget Georgian. Man it is good to have them back.

I made it up in time to listen to "Click and Clack" this morning. I swear, some of the questions people ask about cars amaze me! I was next able to do some of my favorite things all day. These include drinking enough water to drown a fish, stand around in the heat of the garage all day, listen to world events (via the audio edition of The Economist. Check it out!), and patch up the metal work on the Jeep.

I must say that making progress on this front has the least to do with making the Jeep go or be dependable, but my God it feels good to get the body closer toward being in shape to paint.

I had to make a metal bender today. It is by no means the best, but for a few bucks worth of bolts and 2x4s it works well enough.

Enjoy the photos.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment