Monday, January 24, 2011

Clean shop and nothing in my eyes this weekend.

There is not much to report this week. School has started and I can already tell that the amount of time that I will be able to devote to the Jeep project will decline.

I have a nut that is preventing me from disassembling the transfer case. If I cannot coax the nut off soon I will have to cut the nut off. Cutting it off may result in a ruined output shaft... I would really like to avoid cutting this sucker off.

The transmission did come out this weekend From what I can tell the gears are not chipped, worn, or pitted. This was just a quick inspection, but as the transmission comes apart I hope that nothing serious is uncovered in the gearbox.

While removing the transmission I noticed that the rear end is not straight. Upon further inspection I noticed that the spring pack attached to driver's side is cracked. All I can say is that the Jeep must have been dropped off of a tall building or that it ran over one hell of a stump.

I spent quite a bit of time this weekend trying to cut out the metal rot from the bottom portion of the grill. My father gave me a laser level that he was no longer using, and it came in handy when marking a straight line across both sides of the grill. I have only tacked the replacement portion back into place, but so far things are looking pretty good.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment