Friday, July 8, 2011

Ape welding

I would like to make a suggestion to you, if you must use a Harbor Freight welder by all means do so, but if you have the means get a real welding machine. I happen to fall into the first category. The little welder has been useful, but I am bumping up against my limits. I freely admit that my welding skills are rubbish, but the welder is not helping me much at this point. The feeding mechanism does not feed the wire in a consistent and constant manner, but I make up for it by ape welding.

I know that the stuff I have done on the inside and underside of the tub looks pretty rough, but it will all be coated with a pretty think layer of the stuff they put in the beds of trucks. I can't wait for the day when I get the body back from the paint shop.

Enjoy the photos!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment